Benefits from Thera Putty or Therapeutic Putty
Therapy putty is a fun and effective occupational therapy tool for finger and hand strengthening. Plus it makes a fabulous therapeutic fidget (fidget) and sensory diet tool.
It is an easy way to develop their fine motor skills too. Since is a good for reducing stress, it is an effective anger management tool.
Therapeutic putty helps to improve:
- Improve grip
- Increase finger strength
- Improve fine motor skills
- Increase thumb strength
- Calm them if they have a sensory processing disorder.
Therapeutic putty has different colors determinate by resistance levels. Non-oily, non-toxic, non-sticky. With different color-coded consistencies, Therapeutic Putty is a great way to improve strength and function in hands and fingers. Blend colors together to create a full spectrum of resistance and squeeze the putty to strengthen weaker grasps and develop a stronger than normal grasp.
Suitable for adults and children.
- Blue – Firm Resistance
- Green – Medium Resistance
- Red – Medium Soft Resistance
- Tan –Extra Soft Resistance
- Yellow – Soft Resistance
The functionality and variety of therapeutic exercises are perfect for children with autism or sensory processing disorders. Recommendation: you can start your child off with a soft therapeutic level and gradually work up to medium strength.
Effective Therapy Putty Exercises
- Finger Scissors. Roll the putty into a ball and squeeze it between your fingers
- Power Grip. Grab the putty and squeeze all your fingers into it
- Flat Pinch. Use the straightened fingers to pinch the putty down into your thumb
- Finger Spread
- Finger Extension
- Finger Spread
- Full Grip