Initial Occupational Therapy Assessment
In order to receive occupational therapy services you do not need a referral from a doctor or other health professional. Referrals can be made by you through this website or by giving me a call or sending an email. Once a referral is received, I will ask to complete an intake form if you have not already done so. I will send you the intake form via email.
An in-home initial assessment typically consists of:
- A parent interview
- A combination of play-based activities, standardised assessments depending on the age of the child, and observation.
Assessments are tailored to your concerns and your child’s interest therefore may vary slightly depending on needs.
Once the initial assessment is completed:
- I may or may not recommend further follow-up occupational therapy sessions
- Further therapy sessions would be recommended to address the development of certain skills/ areas of concern or to complete further assessment.
- A parent consultation may also be suggested to review any findings of the assessment and to discuss future service needs.
- I may provide you with recommendations to address development of different skills in your child.
- I may suggest booking an appointment with another health professional such as a physiotherapist, speech and language pathologist, developmental optometrist, psychologist, etc
Please note reports are not included in the initial assessment fees.